No one said a digital transformation would be easy. But, rather than the search for the right technology, or the business case build, or the employee buy-in, really, the most crucial component to a solid start is having focus. With the hundreds of opportunities DT presents in manufacturing, it is difficult for many companies to decide on where to place their focus. Where do they start? What problem do they solve? Saip Eren Yilmaz leads Industry 4.0 for Stanley Black & Decker, and is tasked with overseeing this process. In this keynote Eren will reveal tips on:
· How to determine the problem to solve, how to reframe it, and how to develop out the use case for what the technology is for
· Managing stakeholder input and ensuring internal executive alignment
· Key steps from assessment to deployment of technologies
The COVID crisis has necessitated creativity on the part of manufacturing companies. How does a design team validate the design of new parts, create new ones, and make sure that they will work when we can't wait for parts to arrive or meet in person? In this Use Case, you will hear how Whirlpool utilized concurrent engineering the partnership of manufacturing and design to manufacture future products; in this case, a future first-of-its kind Air Purifying Respirator You'll hear about:
· What tools were used to mock up the design virtually - rapid prototyping, physical mockup, digital 3D build
· How teams were managed and measured on the virtual work - metric driven progress and feedback loops built into the design process
Achieving digital transformation in any industry is not a quick process. From business case to ROI, you’re looking at likely years of work. Who wants to wait years to see results though? That’s why a series of quick wins within the overarching digital transformation strategy is key to keeping your program supported, and funded. In this session, our panelists will discuss how they have been keeping their C-Suites happy with short term wins, while keeping their eyes on the long-term transformations.